This morning I reached my breaking point. After pushing myself to the limit on Sunday and continuing to do so on Monday and Tuesday, I was emotionally and physically exhausted. This morning I woke up with a fever, sore throat, stomach ache and pure exhaustion. So, I did what was best and decided to work from home today. All in all it was exactly what I needed and I am feeling much better, refueled and refreshed!!!
To get my spirits back up after having a little bit of a rough morning, I decided to make a list of things that are making me happy that I need to appreciate.
1. I’m thankful that I was able to work from home today. I’m lucky that I have understanding co-workers we were willing to help cover for me while I worked from home! My day consisted of my taking 30 minute naps and checking e-mails in between. It really helped to rest up.
2. After the work day, I finally got out of my apartment to get some fresh air and to pick up some things at the grocery store. I got some quarters and was able to get my laundry done. (my most hated task.) I’m happy about that!
3. I got two very exciting e-mails today!
The first was a congratulatory e-mail from Bank of America congratulating me on finishing the marathon. The e-mail read, “Congratulations from Bank of America on finishing the 2011 Bank of America Chicago Marathon! Your recorded finish time was 6:30:49 and you placed 34716 out of 35,628 finishers.” I’ll take it!
The second was an e-mail from the JDRF that read, “Our records show you achieved our highest level of fundraising ($5,000 and above) which qualifies you for an additional incentive prize selection.” I’m getting a new digital camera, how cool is that!!!
4. I’m thankful for all of the support leading up to the marathon, the congratulations and all of the kindness I received through the whole process. To sum it all up? I am blown away!!! On the day alone I was very lucky to have my Dad, Rich, Denise and Jeremy and many others along the way to be there for me and support me. Not to mention all of the people who donated and sent well wishes. Its amazing!
5. I’m excited for the opportunity to set new goals. A lot is going to change for me in the next few weeks. I will be making a big move out to the suburbs to move in to Rich’s condo. Although this is a big step, I know its what is right for me (and us) and I can’t wait for this next phase of my life to begin. I’m lucky that I have someone to look forward to things with!
So there you have it. With every obstacle comes an opportunity to push through and move ahead. This week I met a huge goal of mine and now its time some more. Stay tuned!!!